Monday, March 24, 2008

Lets Make a Fierce Outfit....at work

Basically we decided to challenge ourselves by creating a fabulous outfit from our place of work: Forever 21. Rather than actually working our wimpy 5 hour shift Saturday morning, we ran around the store looking through each ridiculously named section (sweet pea and map quest anyone?). Anyways, after a tiring morning filled with countless clothes to put back and demanding customers, we finally clocked out and made a bee line towards the change rooms. Since we spend so much time there (ha!), I thought having a blocked off change room can be the least thing the store can do. Perfect, a whole mirror to myself, rolling rack holder walls to show people they cannot come near us and two wonderful critics/stylists to make jokes with. Let the fashion show being!

Look 1: Roberto Cavalli
A long ethnic print polyester gown. Bad. I don't even want to talk about it.

Look2: Chole
Wide legs jeans with a sheer grey blouse, tucked in of course. To our surprise this one actually looked pretty nice.

Look3: Alexander Wang
Mens grey wash jeans (cuffed), black velvet blazar, knock off miu miu multicoloured oxford-like pumps and my own ralph lauren men's white oxford (thanks dad). This by far was the favourite. I guess I just suit mens wear. I'm far from a runway model, but it was pretty fierce.

Look4: DVF/MiuMiu/Balenciaga
Knock off DVF black ruffle wrap dress, those miu miu copy pumps, that black velvet blazar and my oxford. I was hoping the dress could be a long cape but it looked back the the oxford, so we tied it in the front to make a dress. It made me look skinny, which is always good. This was another favourite outfit.
A Look Inspired by Alexander Wang
A Look Inspired by Chloe Circa-Phoebe-Philo

I've learned some things from this little adventure, well not really learned just reminders of things to buy. First some good black pumps, mens' jeans and maybe another blazaer. I think I may invest in a classic Ralph Lauren one with the gold buttons, white lining and patch on the side.

So next time you step into Forever 21, challenge yourself. Make a super fierce outfit, or try on the one we made.

No comments: