Saturday, March 22, 2008

I've got it in the Bag

Handbags. The true eye grabber of the fashion industry. If you have only $2000 to spend on something from Holt Renfrew you better be buying that "It" bag that will get you noticed and make people Jealous. This is how the Fashion Industry works. Fragrances open you up to the world of luxury fashion then you buy for first every entry-level item. A HANDBAG! So without further ado, to end this 3 month long hiatus that has ravaged this blog (EVEN THROUGH FASHION WEEK!) I'm going to talk about the bags that are ALWAYS on my mind.

First I have the love of my life. It's pretty much a classic now, worn by every celebrity you've ever seen or admired because of its simple, sophisticated design and slight touch of masculinity. It's by one of the edgiest labels in the world headed by one of the edgiest designers... Of course I'm talking about the Givenchy Nightingale! I've been lusting over this bag for quite some time now and when i get my first credit card you can be damn sure where I'll be celebrating. I'd personally get a black but the creme is tantalizingly sexy.
The Givenchy Nightingale

The next bag on my list is from my all time favorite label in the world! Its super minimalist but in an artfully inspired way. Whenever I see these runway images I just think, "Wow, I'm gonna marry a girl who wears all Marni." The balloon bag is their most desirable and popular handbag as of late, and is being embraced by celebrities and socialites around the world.

The Marni Balloon Bag

Now we have the super artful bag of choice, as-of-late. They're simple, but have a sort of vintage appeal and co-ordinate smashingly with the seasons collection, but could also go with anything in your wardrobe because of its quirky eccentricity. I'm talking about Prada's striped hobos. The feature a cute little pouch with wavy stripes of alternating Nappa leather, and a super long shoulder strap which is infinitely chic when it comes to tiny bags and pouches.
The Prada Striped Nappa Hobo

This next bag is so amazing, i just can't get over it. It would be a perfect art bag or casual bag for anyone, and it has a super dash of masculinity as anything from Yohji Yamamoto always does. It's the Yohji x Hermes messenger bag and I've fallen in love with the black croc version. But of course that's going to skyrocket the price well past 20k... so maybe I will have to settle for the leather version, a mere $7,100.00....
The Hermes x Yohji Yamamoto Messenger Bag

The final bag is surely going to be the bag of the decade and decades to come. YSL has pulled out all the stops once again and created the MUSE 2.0. It's featured in the ad campaign in Blue faded mock croc and white leather but I'm honestly lusting over the red version. So nice and undeniably chic.
The Yves Saint Laurent Muse Two

With so many bags in so many styles to choose from this season, no one has any excuse to be unstylish. Size is now an afterthought and the design itself reigns supreme.

Images found on google, and barneys.com

7 comments:

Rumi Neely said...

I NEEEEEeed a nightingale too!

Oh no! Oh my! said...

The Muse 2 for me! I like the blue one though :)

Vera said...

love the nightingale

Jillian Hobbs said...

DAMN i LOVE that muse 2

Liz Lizo said...

I have the nightingale too.its amazing. love your style

AFitz said...

The prada bag is my favourite. I secretly wish I were an artist.

My excuse for not being stylish: my job that pays only 9$/hour. Yay, thrift stores!

- said...

love the prada and the YSL bags